Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm still here!!!!!

Hello my friends! I've been neglecting my poor blog as of late. I'm sorry, but in my spare time I'd rather read. I just finished a big fat book. I didn't want to put it down. But I finally finished it. It was based around Navy Seals(I love books about military stuff) I find it very interesting. Anyhow, it snowed in our little place of the world the other day! The kids were sooo excited! It was so pretty coming down. We don't see snow very often, so it was nice. The kids got out and played and threw snow balls and collected snow in big containers to save in the freezer for next year I guess. I was like, I don't think so. My naughty son just had to bring a big ball of snow in and stuff in down the back of my shirt. Yheaw!!!!! Talk about a standing up a little straighter(while the very ice cold snow slides slowly down my back). I was not impressed! Jen, I've been taking your advice about weeding out the old stuff (to bring in the new, LOL). No, I really have been cleaning out and it really makes it alot easier to keep things clean. Thanks for the suggestion to get up and start to work!
Oh a new little helpful hint I just discovered the other day trying to get color markings and pen marks off my counters, I sprinkled some baking soda on the spots and scrubbed with a damp cloth and Wa la' they were gone. I was impressed. The abrasive powder did the trick but left no scratches that comet cleaner would have probably left. So maybe that will be helpful to somebody. One more hint I read in a cookbook that I thought was very interesting also, If you have a cook pot or skillet with baked on food left in the bottom, get a dryer sheet, place in the pot or pan fill with water and let soak over night. The next morning, pour out water and throw away wet dryer sheet and wash regular and the stuff will come right off. Neat huh?

9 comments:

Denna said...

Great idea with the baking soda. It must be nice to be able to read.:)
I don't have much time for blogging or reading lately.

BONNIE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BONNIE said...

Thanks for the tips. You and denna have really nice blog they look really good.

BONNIE said...

Sorry**blogs with a S . Did not want to erase another comment

~*This Mama*~ said...

Great idea about the baking soda. Wonder if it will work in the washet and dryer too? ha, don't ask.

I'm getting back to the de-cluttering today and will post about it tonight!

Family said...

Jen, Let me guess, you forgot to clean out pockets like I did one time. I washed Rons best jeans and his dress clothes with a pen. It was a disaster! I used lots of alcohol and hair spray. Pen markings was in my dryer for years. Now I haven't wash a color yet but baking soda might work. It works for lots of things, it's a natural cleaner.(fridge, sinks, counters, etc..., just rinse good, it can leave powdery film).

~*This Mama*~ said...

thanks, Lori.
I have washed pens before...several. Most of the time I DO check pockets, actually, but sometimes you miss some...hahah My thing lately seems to be turning everything pink. argh!

Denna said...

Did You know it has been several weeks since you updated??? You could just do a picture of something.
Love ya

Denna said...

I am so glad things went well with Ron's surgery. I have thought about you guys a good bit today. I did not know when you was coming home and I hated to call as soon as you walked in the door. Call me if you need ANYTHING. I think I am getting a sinus infection. I feel horrible. I need to be in bed, but just to much going on. love ya
Denna